We at Harbor Hounds Greyhound Rescue are dedicated to:
- Rescueing racing greyhounds once they are deemed no longer useful for racing. A retired racer's days are numbered if they can not make their way into an adoption program.
- Spreading the word, to the general public, on all the characteristics of greyhounds which make them loving and loyal companion animals, and on the huge need for appropriate adoptive homes.
- Finding loving and permanent homes for these very deserving and regal hounds.
How we strive to achieve these goals is by:
- Conducting educational talks and demonstrations to any size group upon request.
- Hosting Meet & Greet events at area businesses and events, giving the public a chance to meet our own personal retired racers and as well as any we may have up for adoption.
- Hosting and/or participating in other fund raising events to meet our needs.
Donations of time, talent, resources, connections, and dollars/nickels/pennies are always welcome and "greytly" appreciated!